We are very proud to announce that Accord School has been selected as one of the two schools in the entire Andhra Pradesh to run the UDAAN program.
Udaan is a project launched by CBSE under guidance of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India, to address the low enrolment of girl students in prestigious engineering institutions and the teaching gap between school education & engineering entrance examination. The effort is to enrich the teaching & learning of Science and Mathematics at School level by addressing the three dimensions of education – curriculum design, transaction and assessments.
The objective is to provide a platform that empowers the girl students, facilitate their aspiration of joining the prestigious engineering institutions and take important role in development/ progress of the country in future. Under this program, students are provided free offline / online resources through virtual weekend contact classes and study material while studying in Class XI and Class XII for preparation of admission test to various premier engineering colleges in the country.
Salient Features of the Program
• Free of cost support to Girl students of Classes XI and XII to prepare for engineering entrance examination
• Availability of tutorials, videos and study material
• Organization of Virtual contact classes at approx. 60 designated city centres
• Assessments designed to provide useful feedback on learning
• Remedial steps to correct learning
• Peer learning and mentoring opportunities for meritorious students
• Motivation sessions with students/parents
• Student helpline services to clarify doubts, monitor student learning and support technology
• Constant monitoring and tracking of student progress with feedback
Who can Join
The program is open to Indian citizens residing in India only. .
• All girl students studying in classes XI of KVs/ NVs/ Government Schools of any recognised Board/ CBSE affiliated private schools in India are eligible to apply based on criteria given above.
• The selection of the students will be based on merit and will be considered against the city chosen by the candidate for the weekly virtual contact classes.
• Girl students enrolled in Class XI in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) stream.
• Minimum 70% marks in Class X overall and 80% marks in Science and Mathematics;for Boards which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics.
• Reservation as per JEE (Advanced);OBC (NCL) – 27 % , SC – 15 % , ST – 7.5 % ,PWD – 3 % of seats in every category
• The annual family income should be less than 6 lakhs per annum. Any one of the following documents can be considered for verifying the financial status.
- Latest 3 Salary Slips or Salary certificate on Employer’s letterhead
- Last two year’s Form 16 from Employer or Last two year’s Income tax Returns
- Last 2 year’s certified financial statements or Provisional Financial statements duly certified by CA
- Income certificate issued by the SDM of the area of residence, in case of those privately/self employed.
- Any other income proof that is not reflected in the above documents.
To apply online click here – UDAAN 2017
Documents that needs to be submitted to Accord School after applying online.
- The printout of filled online application form.
- Undertaking filled and signed by the parent/guardian of the applicant.
- Verification certificate signed by the school principal.
- Applicant’s confirmation certificate.
- Undertaking that the applicant is a regular student of the mentioned school.
- Annual income certificate
- Reservation certificate (If applicable).
- Class X Mark sheet/ Grade sheet fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
- Photocopy of the Aadhar card of the girl candidate.
The printed application form along with the above stated annexures is to be duly verified by the school principal where the girl is studying.